Hattonneale Pty Ltd ABN 48 129 710 514 (“Hattonneale”, “we” or “us”) believes that privacy is an important individual right and is important to our own business, the businesses of our clients and candidates. We make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us as required by the National Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 3 to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Please read the following policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting our website, www.hattonneale.com.au, you are accepting the practices described herein.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you in the following situations:
- when you apply for a position advertised by us;
- when you submit your Curriculum Vitae to us;
- when you attend a consultation or interview;
- when we check references or make other enquiries of previous employers, educational institutions or relevant registration bodies;
- when you participate in any psychometric, medical, competency or other tests required by us of a potential employer;
- if you participate in a survey or questionnaire; and
- if you contact Hattonneale.
The information we collect includes information that can identify you as a specific individual, including, without limitation, your name, phone number, e-mail address, qualifications, education and employment history, and professional memberships and accreditations.
Failure to Provide Information
When applying for a position or attending a consultation or interview you must provide the requested information. We will use your information as set out in the “Use and Disclosure” section below.
If you do not provide the requested information we may not be able to provide the requested services to you.
Use and Disclosure
Information collected by us may be used to:
- provide our services to you;
- send email notifications for products, services or positions that may be of interest to you or to advise you of news and industry updates and events. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communication;
- respond to your questions or suggestions;
- improve the quality of your visit to our site.
We may share you information with:
- potential or current employers;
- third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including, without limitation, providers of psychometric evaluations or competency tests, mailing houses, marketing, distribution of surveys and fraud prevention. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose;
- business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and recommend you evaluate their practices before deciding to provide your personal information;
- companies within the Hattonneale group and our affiliates. To the extent that our corporate affiliates have access to your information, they will follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Privacy Statement. They also will comply with applicable laws governing the transmission of commercial communications and, at a minimum, give you an opportunity in any commercial e-mail they send to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose it was collected unless:
- you have expressly or impliedly consented to its use or disclosure;
- the use/disclosure is related to the purpose of collection and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose it in such a way; or
- we are required by law or otherwise compelled to disclose such information.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We have controls and procedures to ensure that personal information provided to us remains confidential. We do not sell or trade personal information, or allow third parties to use that personal information for their own purposes.
As described above, we may collect sensitive information (such as information relating to your health) if you have provided your consent or if we are required to do so by law.
We will only transfer your personal information overseas where:
- we are satisfied that the recipient is subject to effective data protection standards;
- you have consented to the transfer or requested us to do so; or
- it is impracticable for us to obtain your consent, the transfer is for your benefit and you would be likely to give consent if we were able to contact you.
Security of Personal Information
We aim to achieve best industry practice in maintaining the security of personal information we hold. Where possible, work product or documents retained are identified. Otherwise it is our policy to destroy personal information once there is no longer a business need for us to retain it.
Access, Correction and Concerns
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information please contact us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request.
We will, on request, provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles as set out in Schedule 3 to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this personal information and your request to provide access to this personal information will be dealt with in a reasonable time. If we refuse to provide you with access to the personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the National Privacy Principles.
Questions, access requests or concerns should be directed in writing to our Privacy Officer, Darryl Mills, Level 26, 25 Bligh Street, Sydney.
In some cases we may request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access.
Effect Of Policy
The policy may be subject to change. Whenever you need to refer to this policy you should contact us for the most up to date version.
Policy was last updated: 29 April 2008